Sunday, October 18, 2009

Busy Times

I really feel like life is passing by so quickly! The days and nights seem so short and I'm wondering where my life is going. This week went by pretty fast. I had Monday off and Tuesday-Friday were pretty slow days at work for me. When I say slow, I mean that nothing is pressed to get done because I have been busy, but just nothing that needs to be done immediately. I had a Passion for Purity meeting on Tuesday night. I'm so excited for this event because it is something that I'm very passionate about. I really feel like this is something that God has called me to do and help young girls make the right choices and be a role model for them. This event is going to be on November 6-8 this year, so if any high school girl is interesting in going, let me know ASAP! I'm really excited about the retreat this year and we have some great things planned for the girls this year.

Wednesday after work, I went to Knepp's Restaurant in Montgomery to eat dinner with an old college roommate, Ginny. She was my roommate freshman, sophomore, and junior years of college. She works for Ball State in admissions and tries to recruit students to go to Ball State. Last week she was in the area and it is always great to get together and see what is going on in each others lives.

Nothing real exciting happened Thursday or Friday. We watched Survivor Thursday night and were in bed by 9 on each night! Saturday, Bill worked in the morning and I got up around 7 and began my day of cleaning. I went on a cleaning rampage! I cleaned my entire kitchen-tops and fronts of cabinets, countertops, sink, stove, did dishes, and the floors. I did laundry and cleaned the rest of our house, as well. It is such a big job, but once it is done, it feels, looks, and smells so nice! That night, I spent the evening with some friends, Chelsi, Casie, Amy, and Meagan. We went to Bobe's for supper and just talked and caught up on each others lives. We enjoyed good food and company. It was so much fun getting together, but is hard to do with our lives being so full. I hope we get the chance to do that again soon! Here are some pictures!


Amy and Chelsi

Meagan and Casie

The Whole Gang
Hope everyone has a great upcoming week. It is suppose to get warmer, which is great to hear! I'm ready for fall-like weather, not winter! Enjoy the sunshine!
Love and Blessing,
Whitney

3 comments:

  1. Can you tell me more about that retreat??? My sister is 16 and It sounds like it would be something good for her to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is called Passion for Purity and it is a weekend retreat for High school girls at Camp Illiana on November 6-8. It is a fun-filled weekend where we help guide girls in the right direction for overall purity in their lives, but especially sexual purity. We have guest speakers and time with small group. Let me know if she is interested ASAP because the cut off date it tomorrow. I can send ya a registration form if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you guys would have a great time saturday!! I got lucky and got the day off from work that day but we ended up going to a reception that evening or else I would have met up with you girls. That is awesome you are involved in Passion for Purity. I have never heard of it but is sounds like such a great experience for young girls and for the volunteers!! I hope you have a great turn out and help lead those young girls in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete