Saturday, December 31, 2011

April Things

On Friday, April 8th, I had a doctor's appointment. I also was hoping to find out if Baby Dyer was a boy or girl. We had already tried 2 times and the baby had it's legs cross both times. The ultrasound tech thought she knew on the second time what it was, but didn't want to say for sure. Bill and I decided that we would try 1 more time and if we didn't find out, we were just going to wait until the baby arrived. As the time before, I drank a HUGE glass of OJ to try and get this baby moving around. Bill didn't go with my because I had another way of telling him in mind. After seeing the doctor, I went to the ultrasound room and it didn't take but 5 minutes and she told me what the gender was. Third times the charm! So I called my friend who was making a cake that had icing in the middle to reveal the baby's gender. Didn't she do an awesome job?


When Bill got home that night, I got the cake out and let him cut into it to see what color the icing was in the middle. To our surprise.....it's a GIRL!!!! We thought/wanted a boy, but are very excited to have a girl! Here is little MISS's ultrasound pic!


Baby GIRL Dyer!


Already have some swelling!





In the middle of April, we had some horrible storms rip through our area. Since I go to sleep so early, we were awoken to the sound of high winds. My husband is scared of storms, so he rushed the dogs and I to the basement. I'm not scared of storms, but I must say, this was probably the most scared I have been. The wind was so strong it was shaken our basement door. Here are some pictures of our damage.








Around this same time, Bill's mom was put in the hospital. She had a spot on her foot that kept bothering her and made it tough to walk. One night, she got sick, had the chills, and was somewhat out of it. They took her to the ER and kept her at the hospital in Washington for a week. They never could figure out what it was exactly. They thought it was celluites, a spider bite, etc. Her leg turned all sorts of colors and was just awful.


The last weekend in April, my nephew Braeden had his 7th birthday party. Still doens't seem possible. It was a park in Bloomington and it was a really nice day, even though it was a bit chilly. Here are some pictures from the big party.


Braeden's treasure chest cake

Nephew Reece with my mom and dad

Bill playing tennis with Reece. This was when Reece told me, "I'm not very good." So cute!

My prego sis and her "Pirate Booty"


Braeden trying to bust the pinata



All the kids getting the candy


Getting ready to blow out the candles! Happy 7th Birthday Braeden!






Much more to come!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment