Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Month Long Update!

So I've turned into a terrible blogger! Sorry that I haven't updated in over a month! I know that I say I'm busy, but things are just crazy here. So there are a lot of things I need to update on!

Bill and I spent a whole Saturday at the beginning of the month to clean our house and have our Sunday School class from church over to see our new, finished basement that we had talked so much about! We had 3 couples come over for food, fellowship, and games. It was a great time had by all and we enjoyed spending time with them.
The month of March was a very exciting time for North Daviess basketball fans. Bill and I enjoy going to basketball games, but really didn't have the chance to go to many during the regular season. We did make it the Barr-Reeve and Vincennes Rivet game during Sectional. They were both really good games. So we decided to go to the Regional games as well. Bill had to work that weekend, but went in extra early so he could go. The more we went to the games, the more he would get into the games, You would think he was a coach or something-he is so funny, which makes me love him even more! My mom even made it out to the game-she never goes to the games! ND won the Regional by playing 2 amazing games. I don't think I have ever seen a North Daviess team play any better! It was very exciting and a great time for the school, players, and community. Bill and I went to the Semi-State @ Seymour with my dad, mom, sisters Michael and Kelley, and Bill's best friend Andy and his daughter Marissa. Even though ND didn't win, it was great and the guys played good. There were so many fans there to support the game and it was just a great atmosphere. Congrats Cougars on such a great season! Even though we lost, the girls still had time go shopping at Edinburgh! Here are some pictures from the Regional!

My sister Erin (blue) and her friends

My sister Michael and I on the way home


Erin dancing with the cheerleaders

Celebrating a Regional Championship!


The week after Regional, I had to play nurse to a sick husband. Bill started with a stuffy nose on Sunday and came home early from work on Monday. By that time, he had a terrible cough, fever, headache, and sore throat. He had the cold for a couple of days after taking Nyquil and other sorts of medicine. Well of course, by the end of the week, I was starting to have the same symptoms. I started getting a sore throat on Thursday and had the terrible cough and fever by Friday. I felt the worse on Saturday, but I still went to the game. I started feeling better on Sunday, but the sore throat and cough continued until Wednesday. I'm just glad that the cold is gone from this house!

Bill and I before the sickness hit us!


Other than that, there really hasn't been much going on. Work continues to take all of our time! After work, Bill and I eat supper and catch up on the Young & the Restless. Yes, Bill watches it with me! I think he wants to watch it more than I do! But we are about a month and a half behind, so if you watch it, please don't tell us what is going on! We are trying to catch up, but there is always something going on that we can't watch it to catch up. We will get there eventually! Bill also has been working in the garden! He is obsessed with it! He has planted green beans, peas, potatoes, and zucchini already, and plans to plant more. Hopefully we will have a good turn out this year.

Bill preparing his garden!


This past weekend we really didn't do much. Bill had to work Saturday and Sunday. So I went to Vincennes early Saturday and did some shopping. When I go home, I cleaned my car and when Bill got home he cleaned out the garage and washed my car. Today, I went to church, napped with Bill, and just took it easy. It was nice to nap during the storm and rain-it was very relaxing! Tonight Bill and my sister Erin ordered Wrestle Mania. I think it is stupid, but they are having fun and enjoying it, so I'm catching up on some reading and updating this blog! Hopefully we don't get the bad, cold weather they say we are going to get and can get a move on with Spring. I'm ready to plant flowers and be outside! Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

God Bless,
Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your keeping super busy. As I look at our April calander, I am wondering how I am going to get everything that we have planned done before our vacation on the 24th to FL. LOL.
    I think it is great that your hubby watches Soaps. Jesse will come in during Guiding Light and he will sit and watch it with me. He secretly likes the show I know cause I have to catch him up to the point where he comes in... ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wrestle mania-so 90s.

    I love it! lol

    ReplyDelete