Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ready for the Weekend!

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm extremely excited for the weekend. This past week (and the week before that) have seen to DRAG ON!!!! Of course the weekend flew by, but the week takes forever! Since my last post, nothing much has changed in the Dyer household.

Bill and I worked and then enjoyed Easter weekend. On Saturday the 11th, I cleaned the house while Bill worked outside. Although we weren't right beside each other, we were together for most of the day, which was really nice. That night we took my youngest sister Michael and neighbor Sarah, who is 2 years older than Michael, to Mr. Gatti's to eat. Bill won the trivia question on the radio and got a couple of coupons, so we decided to take them out. We also stopped at the store and ended the night @ Scoops-I LOVE that place! I'm always in the mood for Cake Batter ice cream. The girls stayed to watch a movie, Mrs. Doubtfire, which I only made it about half way through it before I was asleep! It was a good thing because the next morning we decided to go to Sunrise Service. Bill has always wanted to go in the past, so we decided that the first year we were married we would go. I must say that @ 5:30 in the morning I was wondering what the heck I got myself into, but once I got up I was ok and glad that we went to celebrate the resurrection of Christ our Savior! After the service and the breakfast, we came back home and got ready for church. The sermon was great. We then headed down to my aunt's house in Washington for my dad's side of the family and we were there for a couple of hours. Then we headed up to Bloomfield for my mom's side of Easter and we were there for a couple of hours as well. I really hate that I forgot my camera because my family is continuing to grow and the kids are so much fun! My nephews are getting bigger and I always try to take pictures, but I didn't have my mind that day! We finished the night by stoping by Bill's aunts for his side, but were only there for a few minutes. We were exhausted and were ready to get home!

I could feel the affects of such a long Easter day the next day at work. I was exhausted. I think next year we won't go as many places! I worked everyday last week, which was a long week for me, since I'm not use to that. But overall, it was a good week. We got our taxes done and turned in on time, which was a good thing! Last weekend, I slept in! I was pretty tired, but Bill wasn't. As much as I would like for him to just relax with me, he can't sit still!!! He was up at 6:30 and was working in the garden by 7! He did his "gardening," mowed, and helped his dad and uncle who worked on our air conditioner. I did some laundry and picked up the house some. We did take a nap, but it was just a short one. Sunday we went to church. We also went to Vincennes with Bill's mom to eat and run by JCPenney's. The day was nasty and rainy, so we decided on another nap when we got home. I love sleeping with the windows open and light rain. It just relaxes me!

This week has been a lot slower for us. I had Monday off, but did some errands and more laundry. I worked Tuesday and Wednesday, but have the rest of the week off, which is very exciting. I haven't done much today-I've just taken a day to do nothing! The rest of the day will be packing and getting ready for the rest of the weekend! Tomorrow, Bill and I are leaving for Alabama. We are going to the NASCAR races @ Talladega this weekend. I'm soooo excited. This was on of my Christmas presents from Bill. I've always wanted to go to Talladega and watch a race. This race track is one of two that has big banks, packs of cars, and almost always, a BIG wreck. I can't wait! Bill and I need to get away!!! So if you don't mind, please keep us in your prayers as we are traveling! I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post when I get back!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend! Enjoy the warm weather!

God Bless,

Whitney

1 comment:

  1. I'll be keeping you in my prayers Whit! Hope you have FUN!!! I know how much you love nascar.

    ReplyDelete