Sunday, September 19, 2010

August Adventures

Once again, I'm behind on my blogging!!! August was a slow, quiet month for us, which wasn't a bad thing at all! Don't get me wrong, I love being with friends and family and being busy, but I also love relaxing and spending time at home! Here are some of the things we did during the month of August!


My husband Bill's birthday is August 2nd, and since it was on a Monday this year, we celebrated with my mom, dad and sisters, Bill's mom and niece, and Bill's friend Andy and his daughter Marissa on the Sunday before. We had BBQ ribs, cheesy potatoes, green beans, chips, and more. Everything was really good. We also had cake and homemade ice cream! All of these were Bill's request!


Bill's chocolate birthday cake with the whipped icing!

Birthday Boy!
Bill and I decided to get an Invisible Fence for Lucy. We hate that if she is outside that she has to be on a leash or tied up, so we thought it was the best thing for her. She has done really good with it and knows not to get very close to it! Although it was a little late in the summer, Lucy got a pool the second week of August! Bill brought it home and filled it up and she didn't know what to think! She thought it was a big bowl to drink out of! I had to get my feet in the pool so she would get the idea of what it was for! But now she loves it and will get in and out and roll around in the dirt! She loves being outside!
Bill filling the pool up, while Lucy gets a drink!

Waiting on the pool to fill up!


She loved it!


Lucy all wet in her pool!


Here are some other pictures of Lucy. She was laying in our bed one day and was chewing on her chewy and had some on her nose and didn't even know it!




On August 29th, Bill and I went on a bus trip with one of the radio stations in Washington to Cincinnati to see the Cubs and Reds play. Bill has been a Cubs fan his entire life and even though I'm a Cardinals fan, I decided to go and enjoy the day with my husband. There was a bus full of people that went, which included Bill's brother Brian and wife Angie, Bill's dad Tim and stepmom Rita, and Bill's uncle David and girlfriend Jeanie. We left around 7:30 from Washington and got to Cincinnati around 11:30. The game started @ 12:30 and ended around 5. We didn't get home until 9:30. It was a really HOT and long day, but we had fun with family, even though the Reds won and Bill had a few choice words with the drunk idiots behind us! Here are some pictures from that day!

Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati


Bill and I
(notice my Cardinals shirt!)


The ballpark sits right on the river!


The view from our seats!



Love and Blessings,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment