Sunday, January 18, 2009

Remodeling the Basement

I'm about to go crazy in this house! It seems like as soon as I get it cleaned, the mess from downstairs comes upstairs and gets dirty again. Welcome to my life of remodeling our basement!

Bill decided at the end of last year that he wanted to go ahead and remodel our basement and move our living room downstairs. Our living room is extremely small and whenever we have friends or family over, there isn't enough room for everyone, even though we have a reclining couch and recliner chair. Since I'm working now, Bill decided that we had enough money to go ahead and finish the basement and move everything downstairs and make the living room upstairs a dining room. So the construction began the weekend after Christmas-8 am at that! Here are some pictures after the first week!





Once all of the boards were up, they began to hang the drywall. This was probably the worst Saturday because it was the LOUDEST!!! Although it was loud, I know the end result will be great and will allow us to have a big living space. Hanging the drywall took a couple of work days, but they got all of it done.


Once the drywall was all hung, Bill's cousin's husband, Kevin, came over and helped with the "mud" part. He came over the days I was gone to Alabama and the beginning of this week. Bill tried to help him, but Kevin is very particular and just went over the parts that Bill did! Now the mudding is all done, as well as the sanding on the mud, which is EXTREMELY dusty!!! Bill had gray hair when he came back upstairs!! So we are finally ready to paint! I believe we are half way done! I will post more pictures soon!
As for anything else this week, I just worked all week. It was a bit of a crazy week, so I'm pretty excited about my day off tomorrow! Bill and I took it easy on Saturday and just layed around on watched tv. He was working a lot last week and got called out quite a bit because the pipes were freezing up at work so I didn't get to see him much. We decided we just needed a day to do nothing and just be with each other! Today was just church, lunch with my family, nap, and tonight is small groups. Tomorrow I'm going to the store and preparing supper for my mom's birthday! Hope she has a great day!!! Sorry to ramble so much, but since I haven't posted in a while, I figured I better write a lot!
Whitney

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pictures of the end results. I am sure it will look great. Yeah I agree as far as every one needs to stop and make sure they spend time together. I love those days when Jesse, the kids and I get to go out and do "family things". So enjoy that time:) Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how dusty it can be drywalling! You might as well wait til it's completely finished to dust or clean:) But, it's well worth it in the end. Can't wait to see the pics after it's finished. I bet you'll be so glad you did it! Thanks again for working for me last Monday! Talk to you again soon I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like you are almost done! Just the painting and decorating left..... which is the fun part. Can't wait to see the end result. It is going to be so nice!!

    ReplyDelete