Thursday, May 7, 2009

Eventful Weekend

Nothing really exciting has happened over the past week, but I just thought I would let everyone know some of the things I did. Last week I worked a couple of days, which has been less lately than what I'm use to. Friday after work, Bill and I went over to my parent's house and ate Pizza Hut pizza, my favorite!!! We didn't stay over there very long because Bill had a headache and I had things that I wanted to get done and Saturday was going to be a busy day. The weekend that we went to Talladega was really Bill's weekend to work, so he just switched weekends with one of the guys. So when he left for work Saturday morning, I decided to wake up, but didn't get out of bed until 7. I tanned and went scrapbooking. My neighbors Lee and Sarah Smith, Beth Yake, and Shaya Smith got together around 9 that morning to do some scrapbooking. I haven't had time to work on any scrapbooking throughout college, so this was a much needed get together! I have so much that I need to get done, so our group has decided to meet once or twice a month! I'm excited to get my scrapbooking done so that my family can remember all the memories we share.
After scrapbooking, I came home and did some much needed cleaning. Bill came home a few minutes later and it was great to spend the afternoon with him. After doing some cleaning, we watched a movie, but we both fell asleep. It was a much needed nap! We woke up about 3 and had to get ready. We went to Bill's cousin's daughter, Emilee Shake's graduation party @ Bill's aunts. It was fun getting together with family and the cake was so good! We then went to his niece, Sadie's, birthday party. She turned 13 on April 27. It was good spending time with Bill's brothers, dad, and stepmom, whom we don't get to spend as much time with. Our nephew, Dayton is growing so fast and had gotten so big since the last time I had seen him. He looks just like his dad, Jordan, and was just a good baby the whole time we were there. After that, we came home and my sister Kelley came over and watched the NASCAR race with us. It was a pretty good race, but I feel asleep during the last half of the race!

The next day was a pretty busy day as well. I got up and got ready for church. Bill had to work that morning, but he stopped in the middle to come home, shower, and go to church. I love that I have a man who puts everything aside to be with God. It just makes me feel so blessed! After church, I went with my parents and sisters to my nephew Braeden's 5th birthday party. Even though Bill was almost done with work for the day, he was on call and needed to be close by incase something would happen. Braeden's party theme this year was a carnival. There were fun games for the kids to play, carnival food, and fun for all. I'll leave ya'll with some pictures from the party!

My aunt Jennifer and mom

Laurie, Erin, and Kelley helping Bailee play

Birthday boy playing games

My cousin Ryan, his wife Alnee, and daughter Taegan

My mamaw feeding my nephew Reece

Braeden ready to blow out the candles

My sister Laurie wanted to play too!

Braeden opening his presents!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
God Bless, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment