Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend where did you go?

I really hate when the weekends go by as fast as they do! This past weekend seemed to go by in a blink! I can just feel my life passing me by so quickly! I hate it, but there is nothing I can do about it but just enjoy every moment and do as much as I can! Ok, I'm getting off subject!

Last week was filled with working Tuesday, Wednesday, and a half day Friday. On my days off, Monday and Thursday, I have been walking in the morning and evening, which I am very proud of! On the days that I worked, I walked just in the evening. It has been so nice out that I really need to enjoy it, as well as get in shape! Friday after work I took a nap and then Bill and I went with my parents and sisters and my dad's mother to Knepps to take her out for Mother's Day! It was so good! I hadn't ate supper @ Knepps for a while, and it was just as good as I can remember! When we got home, my sister Kelley came over and watched the Nationwide race and Friday the 13th part 3! We love those movies! They aren't scary, but funny! I didn't go to bed until 12:30! It has been a long time since I have been up that late-man, I'm getting old!

Saturday, Bill, our neighbor Matthew Smith, and I went to Vincennes. We first stopped @ Perk A Lawn to spend our gift certificate that we got for our wedding on flowers. I hadn't gotten any flowers yet and my yard was looking bad-it was perfect timing! We got a lot of nice things! We then went to Rural King, ate lunch @ Bdubs, and I stopped by Walmart to get my ingredients for cherry delight for Mother's Day. We had a good time with Matthew! After a nap, I took a shower and got ready for the Mother/Daughter Banquet at church. It was a great time. My friend Lauren Biggs was the speaker and she was great. She really spoke to me and I felt like God was pulling at me and wanting me to make changes! Thanks so much Lauren for your wonder message! Bill and I then went to my parents to watch the Cup series race. I feel asleep yet again!

Sunday was a long day! I got up early and made my dessert for Mother's Day. We went to church and then to my Aunt Becky's on my dad's side of the family. We ate and enjoyed family. Bill and I came home and took a short nap, then got outside and planted all of our flowers, put down new mulch, and mowed. We then rewarded ourselves with Scoops ice cream and watched 27 Dresses with Sarah, our neighbor.

Today I was off and have been really busy. I've done laundry and finally put all of my winter clothes up and got my summer ones out! Now we are going to enjoy supper @ my mom's ! Hope everyone had a great weekend and loves this weather!

Blessings,

Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Whitney! It was neat to me your mom and sisters and Bill!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting winter clothes away!! I love hearing that. Now is the perfect time to be taking those walks...not to cold or hot:)

    ReplyDelete