Monday, June 22, 2009

Typical Week at the Dyer House!

Hope everyone has enjoyed their week. Nothing really going on here in the Dyer household. I was off last Monday and enjoyed a day of laundry and taking a day for myself. I just picked up the house, took a nap, and that's about it! Tuesday was a day of work, which it was a very busy day. But that day I got a call and found out that I got the job that I had applied for. I really didn't tell anyone about it because I didn't want to jinx myself. I came across this job from a friend's mom and just went for it. I interviewed for it on the 4th and last Tuesday they called and let me know that I had got it. Although it will be sad to leave all the people that I have made friends with, this is a great opportunity for me. I will be full time, have benefits (FINALLY), and make twice as much as I do now. So for those that knew and prayed, thank you, and if you would continue to pray for me as I begin my new job next week, I would really appreciate it. I'm nervous, but I know that I was hired for a reason and can get the job done.

Wednesday was another work day for me and I found out late that day that I would have to come in on Thursday, which I usually have off, for a couple of hours. It didn't really bother me that I had to come in, but Bill was off and it would have been nice to sleep in with him. So I worked Thursday morning, the day that the storms came. After work, I came home and enjoyed the afternoon with my husband. My dad and sisters Erin and Michael came over that night and ate supper with us. It was nice to get together with them. Erin stayed while the others left and watched wrestling with Bill. I'm about to go wrestling crazy because that is all they seem to watch! I usually fall asleep!!!!

Friday was a long day as I worked. This past Friday seem to last FOREVER!!!! I was sooo glad to see 5 o'clock!!! I think not doing a whole lot made me tired because I went to bed aroun 8:30 that night and slept until 8:30 the next day! It was so nice to get some sleep! Saturday I cleaned house and went through some things in the closet in the computer room. Bill had to work and he didn't get home until around 2. Then we got ready and went down to his dad's for a Father's Day cookout. It was nice to catch up with my inlaws. We ate brats and ribs for supper. They were really good! It was a great day, but ended sadly. My step mother-in-law Rita's father passed away from cancer around 9 that night. Although the family knew that this was probably going to happen soon, it is still hard for them. Bill and I spent the rest of the evening with the family. If you could keep Rita and her family in your prayers during this hard time, I would really appreciate it.

Bill and I headed home around 11 and stopped at the neighbors, who put together the program for church to let them know the sad news. We stayed and talked to them for about an hour and their daughter Sarah ended up spending the night with us. Bill was pretty tired and went to bed around 12, but Sarah and I stayed up and watched tv until 2. It was definately a late night for me, but it was so fun! Sunday Bill had to work again, so Sarah and I got up and got ready for church. They had a Father's Day breakfast for all of the fathers and their families at church. It was good food! After church, Bill got home and we went with my parents and sisters to Mi Pueblo. I felt miserable after eating and came home and took a nap!!!! When we got up, we got ready and went to my parents for another cookout. My grandparents, great aunt, and aunt came down from Bloomfield and it was nice to celebrate with them. We stayed until the NASCAR race was over and then we came home and went to bed. When Bill works on weekends, he usually is worn out by the time we go to bed. Poor guy!!

I had today off and went to Walmart this morning. I hadn't been for a long time and spent way too much money. I think they raised the prices one everything since I've been there last! But I also had to get lots of travel sized items for our upcoming vacation! I'm so excited! We are going with my husband's side of the family to the Outer Banks. We leave on the 3rd of July and will be gone for a week. So I guess that is a reason why everything cost so much! Other than that, I've just done laundry and put pictures away or in frames that are all over the floor in the computer room. I've gone through some frames that I had in high school and college and either put them up or put the pictures away. Some of the frames I've grown out of and don't go with my house so I'm either going to give them to my sisters are put them in our yard sale.

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully we'll get to the fair this week to get a fish sandwich, funnel cake, cinnamon roll.....the list goes on! Gotta love fair food! Hope everyone has a great week and stays cool and hydrated!

God Bless,

Whitney

2 comments:

  1. New job! Exciting like you said but sad b/c you will be leaving all your friends at work. I hope you like it! It is always a little stressful starting a new job.

    ReplyDelete