Monday, June 1, 2009

One Year Ago

Wow-I can't believe that it is June already! This year is just flying by! I'm loving this weather, but before we know it, the temp is going to be in the 90s! I'm ready for summer, but I'm sure I'm ready for it to be that hot just yet!
This past year has just flown by. I can't really grasp why that is, except for the fact that I'm getting older and that is just the way things go when you get older! And I really hate that. I remember being in grade school and thinking that the years went by so slowly, but just today I was thinking that college went way to fast and that I still be living in the dorms with all my Brayton girls! At times, I wish I could go back to those days!

But what has gotten my thinking of time flying by was that one year ago today was my bridal shower. As a bride, this is one of the most exciting times! You get to relax and not stress about what you haven't got done yet, spend time with the female members of your family and friends, and enjoy good food. I remember this day like it was just a few hours ago! My sisters and bridesmaids did a wonderful job at planning my shower and everything went well, except my mamaw and aunt were 15 minutes late! But overall, I had so much fun. It just blows my mind that it was a year ago today! I remember the first game we played, what card I opened first, who it was from and what they got me, and my husband coming to help bring all the things home with a nasty cut off on, showing all of his sexiness!! HA HA!!! I had waited so long for that day and it came and went and now has been gone for a year. I'm not trying to sound depressed, but it just shows that time is not really anything that we have. It is not in our hands to deal with. We are given the days as a gift and we are suppose to find something to do within the time God gives us. I'm guilty of wishing days would go by, waiting the arrival of a day that has something exciting or a day off work. I should really just be thankful for each day and take each day in as a gift from God. Although there are better days than some, I need to work on enjoying and being the best that I can during each and every day. I loved my shower and here are some pictures from that day, one year ago!
All of my bridesmaids and me


On a side note, I know it has been a while since I last posted-sorry! I just really haven't had anything to post!! Everything is pretty much the same here. Bill and I have both been working, although I haven't been working as much-just 3 days a week. The 2 days that I'm off I'm usually doing laundry, cleaning the house, or running errands of some sort. I don't know how I will get things done if I ever get full time!!! We've gone to some graduation parties and birthday parties, along with Memorial Day. This past Saturday, Bill's friend Jason, his wife Krystal, and daughter Morgan came up. Jason helped Bill hang some drywall in one of the closets downstairs. Bill's other friend Andy and his daughter Marissa stopped by as well. We had fun just talking, playing with the kids, and having a cookout. Once everyone left, we were warned about the robberies here in Plainville, which lead to a long night. My husband, God bless him, is the biggest worry wart!!!! Although I agreed that we needed to lock everything, doors and vehicles, he went to the extreme-we had to have the scanner on ALL NIGHT!!! I agreed to it because I knew it would make me feel better, but I shouldn't have! Everytime someone came on there, it was loud and it woke me up everytime!!! So I was sort of a grump Sunday morning! But after church and lunch, we took a nap-3 hours!!!!! It was great and I slept so good! I was off today and went to the bank and walmart! Back to work tomorrow and Wednesday, while Bill and I are both off on Thursday, which I'm really excited about!

Hope everyone has been enjoying the weather-hopefully the rain will hold off and let the farmers get in the field!

God Bless,

Whitney

2 comments:

  1. OH Whitney... that made me laugh!!! The scanner??? Bill would have a hard time living in Chicago where we lived. We had a homeless man arrested for camping out on our back patio :) You'd never sleep because your scanner would be on 24/7 :) But glad to hear you didn't get robbed!!! Did they catch those bums? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how the time does fly bye!!! It is already June 2009. How crazy is that?! I try to enjoy every day as it comes...even those weekends that I work. haha. Hope you are enjoying the start of summer:)

    ReplyDelete